Friday, December 21, 2012

alysser:

Joseph Gordon-Levitt, The Tiny Book of Tiny Stories

The relationship you have should not revolve around their judgment, what they believe to be enough effort, the time limit of waiting, nor what your relationship should consist. The relationship you have is about what you consider as enough, not the years of waiting or not waiting at all, but when you are ready yourself. And you will know when you are ready, when nothing else hinders you from it, no worries nor second doubts, not the responsibilities you have yet fulfilled, nor the goals you have yet reached for yourself. It is about what you are looking for, what makes you happy and satisfied.

The relationship we had required all of me as you were willing to give all of you. I thought I knew, and I thought I had everything set. But I wasn't ready. Maybe one day, we will meet again. I am left with a promise of a relationship that should have worked. And I can’t blame you for the heartbreak I have, I allowed myself into it as I know I shouldn't have. I care for you very much, and I know you care for me just as much but our differences won. I can’t get myself to be mad at you, you've been good to me. You have reminded me to value myself, and in the process, you have taught me.

You cannot commit into a relationship that requires every piece of you if you are not willing to give all of yourself.

A lesson is never relearned, either you have learned or have never learned at all.

No comments: