Thursday, November 23, 2017

MUH Finals Prep work - DJ RAINY

Yes! I made it as a finalist to contest for Mix Us Happy 2017!

I will write about my MUH experience in the next post... But for now, I will focus and talk about my set!

Soundcloud decided to be a bitch and limited my upload count unless I upgrade to their Pro. Otherwise, it is a good platform to share and journal my music.

Audiomack was my back-up! However, minor issue is that there's a word limit for the description box. Bummer.



https://drive.google.com/file/d/1xkLrYw1YeOs1zplJJyNI7tvmEAeHPleK/view

So here you go, my final set curated by my senpai Plake. I just have a few comments on this before it is perfect:

1.      (Opening) I love rock and roll – Not necessary to delay.
Heads will roll – Smooth! However, ending of the song can give some allowance, sounds quite abrupt, classics.
2.      Young folks (Jake’s addition) + Bounce good transition
3.      New rules (Will use a new version – End part of the song) Transition not smooth.
4.      500 Miles - Too lengthy? Or should use beat jump to shorten.
5.      Swish swish – Abrupt ending, should hear the full “swish swish bish”.
6.      ________ (Jake’s addition music) – Too lengthy can shorten I guess, or REMOVE haha.
7.      Levels – Front beats of Levels should be played for build-up. (Love the background music from the other deck).
8.      Transitioning to Children – a bit empty
9.      Should not transition to Pumped up kicks (Other songs choice will be better)
10.  Transition was fast from Pumped up kicks to Pursuit of happiness
11. Can start from other parts of Kids

No comments: