Thursday, January 11, 2018

Happy 2018 :)

Happy New Year! Although it's been sometime, just want to keep this space alive and updating.

I spent my new year eve spinning at Joo Bar with the help of my beloved SK Leong for promoting a slot for me for the bash. It was an unbelievable experience and I did not regret a single bit for doing it.


So it all started on 17 November that he pre-booked me way before my MUH finals and I was pretty reluctant to accept and even thought of giving up this opportunity. Didn't want to have a stress new year yknow...

No gig experience, still want to open show for NYE? Got to be kidding me. 





The party was pretty lit. With Milton being their official lights person to go to every year. Pyjamas themed party! I wore a kimono and bandage dress for that sleepover feels.



Happy to see that the turn out was a success! $45 for cover charge, while the DJ friends get to enjoy $10 off ($35) upon arrival! Amos brought Bordin along for company and to REALLY see my skills. #KeepJudging.


Popular social influencers were there like Tammy T. and Joanna L. I was glad the party turned out well from Retro mambo jambo (which was the initial theme plan) but the crowd would like to hear the likes of a Zouk club. 




DJ Rainy Timeline for song choice:

2200hrs: 100BPM songs
2300hrs: Top 40s (Hip-hop / Rnb)
Mi gente - J Balvin & Willy William
Purple Lamborghini - Skrillex & Rick Ross
Congratulation - Post Malone
Panda - Desiigner
One more time - Daft Punk
24:00hrs: ROCKSTAR - POST MALONE
We No Speak Americano - Yolanda Be Cool & DCUP
Fantastic baby - Big Bang
I'm the best - 2NE1
Party rock anthem - LMFAO
Stereo love - Edward Maya Feat. Vika Jigulina
Animals - Martin Garrix
Spaceman - Hardwell
Titanium - David Guetta
Reload - Swedish house mafia
Feels so close - Calvin Harris
The calling - Sebastian Ingrosso
Don't you worry child - Swedish house mafia

Basically all the Zouk/ Avalon tunes that I can think of and in my music bank (Big thanks to DJ Plake, DJ Mass and Germaine for the music)!





The whole entire new year's night was raining cats and dogs... everyone was hyped and "forced" to stay in the bar till REAL late. Alvin and SK both were nice enough to party with the crew and fed me sausage hotdog and beef stew for my hard work haha. How nice of them.


Thank god for Jasper, else I will be a lonely DJ roaming around. He fed me a lot of beer and soju from Felix.


I met Hyeohjoo! Sweetest and charming 21yo Korean boy which happened to be his last day working in Joo bar to pursue his banking career in Singapore. He speaks really good English, thanks to his mother's foresight to migrate the family to the Philippines to stay and study. He also helped to hype up the crowd while I was spinning Fantastic baby, kudos for holding the mike! :)

There's how my start of 2018 went! The downside was that I missed my team gathering at Vera's place. Else, that was a good night. (With stupid surge from Bugis to TB at $31)

A post shared by @ reneetays on

No comments: